Menu

Literature Discussion - does this exist?

SunnyDays

We're pretty relaxed about literature discussion at this point. I would like to start doing a bit more, but still no heavy guides.

I know exactly what I want but can't seem to find it. (Isn't that always the case?!? ;))

Is there a book out there that lists children's literature, along with a summary AND discussion questions for each book? I have seen read aloud guides and books of booklists, but none that really seem to summarize and provide questions or topics for discussion.

Ideas??

We're pretty relaxed about literature discussion at this point. I would like to start doing a bit more, but still no heavy guides.

I know exactly what I want but can't seem to find it. (Isn't that always the case?!? ;))

Is there a book out there that lists children's literature, along with a summary AND discussion questions for each book? I have seen read aloud guides and books of booklists, but none that really seem to summarize and provide questions or topics for discussion.

Ideas??

Scholastic puts out book guides and lesson plans, some available for free, others are available in PDF for $1 a piece a few times a year (for educators only). The guides are not available for every book but it gives me a place to start my interrogation. :D

Edited by Sneezyone