Menu

Ok I just ordered from TTC, please tell me your thoughts on these courses

I love Eliz. Vandiver--and found her Aeneid class very useful. Her lectures on Greek Mythology as well as on the Iliad and the Odyssey are definitely useful preparation. You might see if your local library has copies. I listened to them all on audio and learned so much.

I'm eager to hear how they work in homeschooling. My son is 12 and just starting to embark on that kind of more serious work.

I purchased Elizabeth Vandiver's Aeneid lectures a few months and will be using them in the next few weeks. If they are anything like her lectures on the Iliad & the Odyssey (which I used this past fall), they will be very helpful and insightful. She's really good. And for $19.99, you can't beat the price! The course guide is helpful in following along or previewing the lectures and (as an added bonus) provides a great example of what a good outline looks like. Plus, the discussion questions at the end of each lecture (tho few) are good for post-lecture discussions and/or writing assignments.