Menu

I need one semester of BJU English after FLL4 -- which one?

FlockOfSillies

DS9 has finished FLL4, and I've been shopping around for another curriculum. Next year I'll either have him do BJU English via Distance Learning, or VPSA Grammar and Comp with a live teacher. He's very excited about the prospect of doing his schoolwork on the computer, and I would like to try out BJU just for one subject this semester to see how he takes to it.

So, which semester of BJU English should I try after FLL? I know many people have gone seamlessly into R&S5 after FLL4, but I haven't seen anyone who's gone from FLL to BJU.

This might not be helpful, but I just switched dd9 to BJU English 3 halfway through FLL3 (too much gnashing of teeth with all the diagramming in FLL to be worth it). FLL 3 is ahead of BJU 3 in grammar imo at least w/ diagramming (which I knew and I'm fine with that), so my guess would be that you'd want to do the 2nd semester of BJU English 4. You can see the TOC on the BJU website, which you probably know.