Menu

Question about Biblioplan book list

wehave8

I'm looking at the sample of BP Early America Guide and see books listed in the Readers section that I can't find at our library. Is there a list in the Guide that tells all the recommended books for the year? Or do I have to read through the guide week by week to order or borrow books? Do you just substitute for that topic? I just like to have the books I need ready before we get stuck and can't move on until a book is ordered or found through the library.

Pam

Edited by Mom357

There is a (quite comprehensive!) list at the beginning of the TG that shows ALL recs. for ALL grade levels for ALL sections. It can be a little overwhelming! However, I figure the reason they do that is so that we have options for things like libraries not having the books, kids having different tastes, etc. What I have found helpful, although a bit time consuming, is to make my own spreadsheet at the beginning of the year with a column for each week, a column for the independent readers for my sons, and a column for the read alouds we'll do together. This is MUCH easier for me to digest visually and it helps keep me on track, too! ;)

HTH!