Menu

Anyone do seeing stars?

MistyMountain

I got a copy of seeing stars because I thought it could be hepful for dd to learn to read. She is blending pretty good but she is not turning words she sees over and over into sight words. She had a hard time with letters and numbers but not counting and sounds. She has no problem with concepts or phonemic awareness. This book sounds like it will help with the issue she is having and even if it just that she still young I figure it won't hurt.

Anyway I just got it recently and I found it a lot easier than I expected. It will be easy for dd to do and for me to implement. It is good timing to start with air writing single letters because I also started AAS recently and we are on the writing letters step. Since the example kid in the book is older than dd do you think I can do the parts up to cvc words then use words from her lessons until she gets to more complicated words then start the nonsense words that are more complicated then work from her lessons?