Menu

i know i have seen it / can't find it or related thread = SOTW and Biblio plan?

momma aimee

I am really very sure, but i guess i could be wrong, i have seen threads, and maybe a link to a blog post -- discussing meshing SOTW and BP.

I hate to reinvent the wheel.

I tried to search here for it, with no luck.

If someone could like me to the thread (s)? or offer me a path I'd love it.

Thanks

I have SOTW and the Activity book. Is there a reason to get the Biblioplan? I have seen it before, but is it redundant if you are teaching a 1st grader? I could see the benefits if you had multiple-age kids.

I started with Biblioplan for a first grader, and ended up dropping it and going straight SOTW+AG, which was much easier for us. I think Biblioplan would be more useful for a logic stage+ kiddo.

i was looking for the additional reading sources, more than an additional activity giude. yes? no?

You're wanting more library book recommendations? That would definitely be the SOTW AG. It has many more recommendations than Biblioplan. I used Biblioplan Ancients, and for each week, there was ONE K-2 Reader recommended and one read-aloud. That's it. And half the K-2 readers weren't available at my library (they were often retellings of the Bible story, which frankly, I don't really need if we've just read the same thing in the actual Bible or a Bible story book). I went over to the SOTW AG, and they usually have 5-10 history resources and about 5 or so lit resources. I'm usually able to get anywhere from 2-7 books from my library for that chapter, and they range from I Can Read It type books to lengthy picture books to read-alouds. They have a good variety of recommendations, and we've usually been happy with them. And best of all, they actually extend the history we're learning, rather than just retelling it (as those Bible story retellings do).

I have to stick up for for biblioplan. We started using it last year and love it. This year we are in year 3 and there is american history added in, which I love. It has been a great resource for me. Love how it schedules SOTW, MOH and American history readings...in addition to the independent readers according to reading level and read alouds. They also have history worksheets/review questions, maps, timeline pieces...VERY happy to have found this little gem.

I have to stick up for for biblioplan. We started using it last year and love it. This year we are in year 3 and there is american history added in, which I love. It has been a great resource for me. Love how it schedules SOTW, MOH and American history readings...in addition to the independent readers according to reading level and read alouds. They also have history worksheets/review questions, maps, timeline pieces...VERY happy to have found this little gem.

i am getting really excited! :001_smile: