Menu

The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education

Here is an online pdf file of the book!

But in answer to your question... I checked it out of our local library about 4 years ago, and skimmed it. It was more unschooling in approach than I would have been able to incorporate into our family's particular abilities/needs/goals for homeschooling at that time. Plus, I think you REALLY need to have a motivated student to put the ideas of this book into practice -- unconventional, yes, but also one who is motivated and willing to work toward their own unique non-traditional schooling. And that was NOT either of our DSs... Warmest regards, Lori D.

Edited by Lori D.

Has anyone read this book? The Teenage Liberation Handbook: How to Quit School and Get a Real Life and Education

I thought about buying it, but wanted to know how it fits in with homeschooling and what affect it would have.

The book is basically about teens, some of whom left public school (I can't remember -were some of them origianlly homeschooled?) and the educational opportunities that they created for themselves. The author was a Holt groupie (unschooling, Summerhill) and committed to unschooling, and I believe a former contributor to GWS (Growing Without Schooling Mag). It is a great idea book and shows a plethora of ideas for kids who want to do something "outside" the box, creating educational, real-life experiences for themselves.

Grace recently adopted a child and is now running camps

If you are interested in creating a lifestyle of learning, it is a great book to read and digest.