Menu

highschool history?

My ds will be starting ninth grade this coming year and i am really confused on what we can use for history that follows the chronological order. We live in a strict homeschool district and I have to provide daily documentation. I looked at susan bauer's historical book ,but i don't understand how we would document what he has read, since there aren't a study questions to go with it.

I guess my question is for those who have used bauer books how did your student document and for those that don't use bauers book what did you use? I am also wondering how the transcript would look using the materials you choose?

Thanks in advance

:001_smile:

I don't see why you need "study questions" to document what you did.

You can simply list Book title, read and outlined pgs xx-xy, or "essay on xyz", or "wrote summary on chapter abc". Just list what your student has been doing.

We are following TWTM recommendation and use the Harrison text recommended there (Short history of Western Civilization); we like it very much. IN addition, we also use lectures form the Teaching Company.

The transcript won't list any materials; that goes into the course description. I list the spine textbook, and any Teaching Company courses we use.

I don't see why you need "study questions" to document what you did.

You can simply list Book title, read and outlined pgs xx-xy, or "essay on xyz", or "wrote summary on chapter abc". Just list what your student has been doing.

We live in a annoying school district documentation is important. We are also doing a homschoolers diploma program, which gives means i have to prove that he has covered the material by documentation of student work. Say we decided to use a text he needs to answer the questions at the end of the text. That would be my proof and it would go under the course. i am allow to use what I want as far as curriclum, but was trying to think how to document the book, by bauer. Maybe i should think of something like MOH though.

Can someone tell me what other curricula is out there? I think I am better off with something that includes assignments or ideas.