Menu

ugh

PIE!

I'm not so sick that I really have to stay in bed and can't move - just sick enough that doing anything is a bit unpleasant.

On days like today I really wish there was such a thing as a substitute teacher for homeschoolers. And not the kind that would just show up and pop in a movie - but the kind that took the teacher's lesson plans and implemented a great day of learning while the teacher was home sick.

Oh well. Time to stop whining and start working. Complaining: done.

I'm not so sick that I really have to stay in bed and can't move - just sick enough that doing anything is a bit unpleasant.

On days like today I really wish there was such a thing as a substitute teacher for homeschoolers. And not the kind that would just show up and pop in a movie - but the kind that took the teacher's lesson plans and implemented a great day of learning while the teacher was home sick.

Oh well. Time to stop whining and start working. Complaining: done.

The "substitute teacher" in our homeschool pops in a movie and calls it good. (That would be me.) This is how today went because one student and one teacher was no good. :)

We ended up trudging along and did okay. Though I certainly wasn't a model of enthusiasm, I didn't lose my patience even once. We finished up everything and good learning happened. I did, however, blow through my secret supply of Belgian chocolate. And I'm going to bed early tonight.

We ended up trudging along and did okay. Though I certainly wasn't a model of enthusiasm, I didn't lose my patience even once. We finished up everything and good learning happened. I did, however, blow through my secret supply of Belgian chocolate. And I'm going to bed early tonight.

:grouphug: Glad the homeschooling went well.

A couple weeks ago, I had to take a break because I lost my voice. TOTALLY lost my voice. It ended up being gone for two weeks. My kids really stepped up. They did their individual work and taught themselves. My 11 yo got his math and grammar and did them on his own!!! And, he did a great job!

Maybe we should get sick more often?

Just kidding. I hope you feel better soon!