Menu

Times Tales, a year later

ErinD

i used times tales with my daughter at the beginning of this year (not the dvd though, the book). it took about 3 weeks to get through it all, and then we drilled the facts with games and flashcards, (and we still review with CLE flashcards 3x week). she is EXCELLENT with her times tables!! truly, she can answer the entire CLE flashcard stack (0-12) in 6 minutes! i totally attribute it to times tales. before that she was really struggling. i definitely plan to use it with my son as well.

We used it with my VS son and had great results. We did not use the DvDbut I did follow directions carefully.

But we followed it up with photocopying the quiz pages with the characters for 3 months followed by the pages without characters for 3 months, mixed in with free pages on the 5's and 3's and 2's. So we did six months of drill, and then moved onto Saxon 5/4 and I've been sure to use the drill from

That as well. (most kids would not need this much drill.)

Times Tales was a good start but you still need drill because you need to increase spEed.

That said, for my son who has a Horrible rote memory, times tables were a totally insurmountable obstacle. Times TAles completely solved the problem!