Menu

Organizing thoughts (resources needed)

My 15 y/o Aspie cannot organize his thoughts well enough to tell stories that make sense. I am his "interpreter" in many instances, inserting additional details, reminding him to give background info (i.e. when, where, who was there). Over the years I've tried many different ways to help him. The most successful has been to take a story (event in his life he'd like to tell) and draw pictures, numbering them in the correct order of how they occurred, then practice telling the story step by step. THIS IS A LOT OF WORK! Is there some sort of "curriculum" that can help me w/ this? I'm tuckered out!

My ds9 also struggles with this. I was just about to ask for him, when I saw you beat me to it!

My ds was psych evaluated and the Dr. recommended Kidspiration software for writing. We have not used it, because he just isn't there yet. Verticy seems to have a good program that includes the software.

My son seems to be more dysghraphic and has a hard time sequencing events and remembering detail. He is struggling with WWE 3. I think I just need to slow down.

I am interested in what others recommend.

Good luck.