Menu

The Book Samaritan

PollyOR

I know things are tight for many families. In the past, some on the board have suggested The Book Samaritan as possible source for free curriculum. This evening I found an online article (October 2011) that may answer questions for those of you who are interested in seeking their help or donating to their mission.

The Book Samaritans Come to the Rescue!

I am glad you posted this, I have had materials that I donate to the goodwill, but prefer to get them into the hands of an organization like this one. I am also guilty of picking up way too much at our conventions used book sale, and now I can feel less guilty when I tell DH it okay even if I decide not to use it. :D

There is also.. http://www.curriculumshare.com if you prefer to be more directly involved in your giving. You can post curriculum offered or curriculum wanteds and it's FFS (Free For Shipping).

I have several sources for collecting curriculum for free or inexpensively and keep an eye on the wanted posts over there and have been able to help out several people. I have also gotten a couple things from the offered posts too.

Thanks for posting. Times have been hard for many people on the board, and I am sure some of them could use the information.

I am actually waiting for my box upstairs to be full, so that I can mail it out later this month. My dc don't write in their work books, so I hope they will help another family.

Danielle

• 4 months later...