Menu

Synchronizing FLL and WWE? and extra grammar practice

just Jenny

I got off to a slow start with both this year, and as I was going, I was wondering if one is meant to hit certain lessons at the same time. Have any of you figured out a schedule that works to make this happen? (i.e. so that you are covering months of the year in WWE and in FLL) Or does this matter? How are you scheduling the two to finish in one year? (We are in our first year, on level 1)

Additionally, I am looking for a 1st grade resource that would allow for some additional parsing practice. There was an exercise in FLL where the student had to identify the nouns, and I noticed that we could both use some more practice doing this. I would need a book that has the answers in it as well, because even I am not very good at it. :) Thank you in advance for your input. Best Regards, Jen

You don't have to line them up. We started WWE1 before FLL1, and I just skipped it the second time around. They were the same exercise, so no sense in doing that one at the exact same time. If you're going to do it in both programs, I think it'd be better to space it apart so there is some review there instead. ;)

You'll get more practice with finding nouns in subsequent levels. You might go through a grammar program yourself to get some teacher training - KISS Grammar is good for that (start at level 1 - even the grade 3 level 1 book is hard), and there is also the Purdue OWL site that can be helpful.