Menu

NCP National Consumer's Panel

Has anyone here actually ever participated? Used the scanner, dealt with the points, rewards, etc.? Is it worth the time?

We're on it and have been since 1989. I enjoy making my choices count and everything we've ever gotten from the rewards catalog has been top notch quality-wise.

We're on it and have been since 1989. I enjoy making my choices count and everything we've ever gotten from the rewards catalog has been top notch quality-wise.

Thank you! My dh says it's all a scam. I didn't think so but needed to hear from someone 'real' (cyber-real anyway:D) who has done it.

Thanks again.

Thank you! My dh says it's all a scam. I didn't think so but needed to hear from someone 'real' (cyber-real anyway:D) who has done it.

Thanks again.

This one is totally real, but I remember thinking the same thing back in 1989 when we were debating starting it.

Now we're a family that's used in all sorts of data. Some might not like that, but I love it. They probably like our longevity as we've had three kids (from conception to oldest being in college now) and one large move in that time. We've gone from nicely in the middle class to hit by the economy and our spending has trended accordingly.

Then there are the surveys - most of which are interesting.

Whenever we see this sort of data it's kind of nice knowing we've been part of it.

And, I have enough points saved up again that we're starting to eye what new item we want. Over the years we've gotten a Little Tykes mailbox for the youngsters, a family tent that's lasted for years (we call it "The Lodge"), new cordless telephones, a brand new (VERY nice) microwave, and a nice blender. It's not why we do it - being part of the data counts for more to me - but the extras are quite nice. We've never won any sort of contest they run, but the odds are against winning those anyway.