Menu

questions about Oak Meadow

I'm batting around the idea of enrolling in Oak Meadow next year and wanted to ask about the Grade Levels. I've emailed Oak Meadow, but I'm super interested to hear from people who live it everyday!

My biggest concern is if there a way to mix-and-match content? For instance, what if my Grade 4 son would be working at their Grade 5 math level? Or does anyone just do their own math?

And do you use the support offered to enrolled students? This is our 4th year homeschooling and the idea of having support sounds both dreamy and possibly annoying!

Any other thoughts/suggestions? I'm all ears! Thanks :)

I use Oak Meadow, too, but I've never enrolled so can't answer questions about that, sorry! I think you're probably going to just have to talk to them about it. You can call them, you know, if you want a quick answer rather than waiting for a return to email. They do have good customer service and are nice on the phone, too (going by the one or two times I called them to ask about something)!

Yes, you most certainly can mix-and-match OM curricula for the upper grades....not so easily done (more costly) with K-3 because it's one syllabus for all subjects.

It wouldn't be a problem for you to use OM 4 core subjects and then use OM 5 math.

We use OM curriculum only, and haven't used enrollment. Like the other posters have said call the office and discuss this with an enrollment counselor.

Also, have you checked out the sample lessons at OM website? If not, have a look around the website is full of helpful info about their program.

We've used OM for the past for 4 years with 3 children, and have been very pleased.

Asmaa