Menu

History rotation WWYD

kwickimom

this kind of goes along with another thread of mine...I am trying to figure out what program to do next year.

If you had a 1st grader and 5th grader and have already done Ancients would you:

1. repeat Ancients so that: your 5th grader could have a full 4 yr rotation in and then go off to high school and your 1st grader could have( 2) 4 yr rotations in

2. not repeat Ancients (because you are sick to death of Ancients) and go onto Medieval and if you choose this option what would you do when kids are in 8th and 3rd?

If it matters...we did Ancients in 3rd and now are in Preparing and my K'er is doing American. So we wouldnt technically be doing Ancients back to back.

:bigear:

Really you're not tied to the rotation unless you want to be - you can do your own thing. Change it up a little, take a year and do Geography or something similar as a break. If you're in the US, you could take this coming year and focus on Government and how it works - it is an election year and would be ideal for it.

For us - we're doing World history year 1 {ancients to as far as we get} for 1st/2nd, then finishing up to present day in 3rd grade. 4th & 5th will be US history and state history, with additional study in native american history.

I would move on. The child likely remembers at least a little of what you did in Ancients, and you can use the 8th grade year for something like world geography or US government or a one year course in world history.

:iagree: My dd will finish up the cycle I am planning now by the end of 6th grade. I plan then to have her study women in history and science for a while, and maybe an overview of American history if the women study doesn't last long enough!