Menu

Curriculum 2nd Grade

homeschoolof1

I decided to go it alone for first grade, but now I'm trying to find a program for grades 2-8. I just have one daughter. This year she's finishing Mother Stories of the Old & New Testament, Exploring Creation with Astronomy, MEP Year 1, and she's read most of the history books required for grades k-2 for MFW and HOD. She's also copied 1-2 sentences at a time. I don't want to do MFW because I don't like the fact that you have to do everything in order, we do have some days where she picks what she does and I want to give her that freedom occasionally. I like HOD, but I'm kinda confused about the prices. SonLIght is too expensive (and I don't understand what we should order), and ABEKA looks too "easy". Is there something else out there? She's reading at about a third to fourth grade reading level.

We have used Winter Promise American Story 1 for 2nd. We skip a lot of the hands on crafts, but the schedule is great and the books are interesting. We choose our own language arts, math and science rather than using WP.

If you wanted to do Sonlight, Core B would probably be a good choice.

Sheldon,

I don't suppose you'd be interested in selling any of yours when you're finished? ;) That looks like the best one I've seen so far!

Nope, sorry:001_smile:

I have two more kids that will be using it. It is a nice solid American History program. We are finishing American Story 2 now.