Menu

S/o Seatbelts

I'm glad to learn from the booster thread that I'm not the only adult constantly troubled by the seatbelt cutting into my neck. It's not just the backseat for me, it's the front passenger seat with the adjustable belt on it's lowest setting. I'm not short either, I'm 175cm tall. I always assumed it was a breast thing, that seat belts are just poorly designed for women who are decently endowed...

I have the same problem, but I am both very short and decently-endowed, as you put it. It's way too high and then it slides to the middle of my chest, putting it at an odd angle to boot. My seat does adjust up/down, so I put it as far up as it goes and the belt as low as it goes, but it still doesn't fit me right.

I'm not sure what to do about it. This morning, coincidentally, my BIL was setting up a yard sale and gave me two of those belt adjuster things that you used to see on infomercials. It's just a clip that holds the belt together a little more to make it shorter. I haven't researched it yet so I don't know if it's safe/whether I'm going to try it.

I've also seen those seat cushions that make you sit higher (like a booster seat without arms) in those catalogs targeting older people. I don't know anything about their safety either though.