Menu

Is my cat in labor?

She is crawling all over me, won't leave me alone, meowing a lot, actually nibbling/biting my arm, there is a discharge kind of greyish/greenish in color, and she is licking down there a lot.

So is this it?

I can't get her to stay in a box that I prepared for her (lined with a thin pillow and towels).

Anything I should be doing?

That usually started about 10 hours before my dog gave birth. After those types of behaviors would come the panting. She would sometimes pant for hours! I used to have a cat that had kittens, but I don't remember exactly her behavior, but I'm guessing you're probably close!! How exciting! Hopefully Soph the Vet will respond soon! Good luck!

Oh yeah. I remember my cat would not stay anywhere I wanted her to. I eventually just went in the bathroom with her and closed the door. Now that I think about it, she didn't take nearly as long as my dog did. But at least my dog was happy to sit on the floor by me and pant away.

did that several hours before labor actually started. at one point I could tell that she was getting close and she was determined to sit with/on top of me. When the contractions/panting really got going I moved her just in time to her prepared place and she stayed there until the kittens were born. It was really cool to see.

Now, I might have to do it again later in the fall as she got out for a week. This is a cat who hasn't otherwise been out of my house for 5 years. Oh well.