Menu

Apologia Botany Notebooking Journal or not...

Katiebug_1976

We are getting ready to begin the Apologia Botany book with dd9 & ds11 and I'm wondering if I should buy the notebooking journals for them, or put together our own journal using free printable pages. We used the Zoology journals last year and enjoyed them, but did not use all the pages. So, part of me is wondering if it would be better to just put our own together. I don't have a lot of extra time to spend on searching the web for pages, but at the same time if I bought the journals it would use the last few $$ in our school budget. Help me decide what to do. Share with me your thoughts, ideas, links to botany related printable pages etc. Thanks so much...:001_smile:

We are getting ready to begin the Apologia Botany book with dd9 & ds11 and I'm wondering if I should buy the notebooking journals for them, or put together our own journal using free printable pages. We used the Zoology journals last year and enjoyed them, but did not use all the pages. So, part of me is wondering if it would be better to just put our own together. I don't have a lot of extra time to spend on searching the web for pages, but at the same time if I bought the journals it would use the last few $$ in our school budget. Help me decide what to do. Share with me your thoughts, ideas, links to botany related printable pages etc. Thanks so much...:001_smile:

We don't use all the pages either, but the pages are really nice and if you get it on sale it is worth it. I also just bought one for my boys to share. We are not big in notebooking, so sharing isn't a problem.

I got the Botany Journals partially used (just first couple pages) really cheap. I don't like them b/c we don't use all the pages and they just do not fit the info I want in a notebook. All the rearranging and time I spent figuring out how to use them to fit our needs could have been reduced greatly if I would have just done it myself to suit our needs. My kids hated that there were formatted pages left completely blank. So, I vote don't buy them and use your money elsewhere.

I don't like them, and honestly think that they are a waste of money for our family. They have quite a few pages in each chapter of what I consider "busy work" (crossword puzzles and the like), and the other pages just aren't worth the cost. I'd rather my students make their own diagrams- it is good learning for the higher grades.

Plus, we aren't big color/pasters, especially at this age.

YMMV, of course ;)