Menu

Frustrated and lost

pamd

Even if you haven't done this please give me feed back. Has anyone ever done K2 learning on line? I am doing the 14 day trial period and my ds just done his assesment and it said lower 1st in math and k-3rd on some reading and 4 and above on others spotlight on phonics. Wow what have I been doing for the last 4 yrs. Where have I messed up so badly. I don't feel like I am doing any better than public school. He passed his P.A.S.S. test with some low's but average in each subject. I am so lost I don't even have words for how I am feeling.:confused::angry::banghead:

Could it be that he wasn't really trying? Or maybe he didn't understand he was being evaluated?

I would think if he was really at a low level in math or reading it wouldn't be a surprise. Has he been working at grade level in math? If he has been then I would think there was something wrong with the assessment.

I hope someone else an give you better answers or ideas.

Could it be that he wasn't really trying? Or maybe he didn't understand he was being evaluated?

I would think if he was really at a low level in math or reading it wouldn't be a surprise. Has he been working at grade level in math? If he has been then I would think there was something wrong with the assessment.

I hope someone else an give you better answers or ideas.

Well the president told me some kind of tech. problem happened with his assesment and looks like he would start at 5 grade level on everything but I knew he was behind and looking and the scope for 5th he doesn't know some of the stuff. They said I could redue my account and have him do the assessment again or start out at level 5 and see if it is to easy or hard. He hates taking assessments but I really want to know exactly where he is at. I didn't think in a million yrs it would be that low but if it is I want to know. What should I do. I am in a panic mood right now can't even sleep.

I agree that it sounds like either he wasn't trying, he didn't like the format (I hate computer assessments, and my son would have trouble if it was timed or anything because he's not good at typing yet), etc.

You have a standardized test that says something different, so I'd go with those results instead.