Menu

Can you start MCT with a 6th grader?

kandty

I am 99% sure I am going to start MCT with my will be third grader next school year. I am not sure what to do with my will be 6th grader. We are using Sentence Family right now. He used FLL 3 last year. I would like to use MCT with him too, but no idea where to start. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Town level is about writing paragraphs and Voyage level is about writing essays. I found that Voyage was more about making essays better than going from paragraphs to essays, so I wouldn't start Voyage until my dc are comfortable with writing a simple essay.

The grammar will probably be easy if you have done FLL3.

Town level is about writing paragraphs and Voyage level is about writing essays. I found that Voyage was more about making essays better than going from paragraphs to essays, so I wouldn't start Voyage until my dc are comfortable with writing a simple essay.

The grammar will probably be easy if you have done FLL3.

He doesn't remember a thing about FLL 3. :glare:

I did island level with my 6th and 7th graders this year. They are enjoying feeling some success, we had started with R&S 3 last year and though they got to half way mark it was drudgery and they did not retain any of what we had done. I wanted to start them back at the beginning hence island level. They love this program and I will be proceeding with town level next year for gr 7 & 8. I will likely drop the writing part after town level though because we have another writing program we enjoy and having 2 programs focused onessays is a bit too much overkill imo.