Menu

Crocheter's I need help!

I don't crochet much but I looked up other people's notes. According to handmadegypsy on Rav (see page 1 of the projects):

On the fan parts, I used sl st to move to the right part of the fan to start the next round (for better or for worse! It worked pretty well).

Sounds like the stitch pattern stays the same; that you might have to adjust for the placement of the fans.

Hopefully someone with more crochet experience can help.

I don't crochet much but I looked up other people's notes. According to handmadegypsy on Rav (see page 1 of the projects):

Sounds like the stitch pattern stays the same; that you might have to adjust for the placement of the fans.

Hopefully someone with more crochet experience can help.

Cinder, I read the same thing, but for some reason I have really struggling with getting this pattern to work on in my head I "know" what she is saying, but I cannot even figure out exactly which rows are repeating. I worked up the original pattern and frogged it because the seem was so bad!!!

Ugh, I might have to draw out the diagram to see the pattern :glare:

Are you chaining 30 in the beginning instead of 33? What specifically are you having problems with? Transitioning to the next round?

When I am working the fans I can get the first to rows with no problem. repeating the 1st row onto the second is where I am struggling with the stitch counting. If I slip stitch the fan row together (2) how many do I crochet up and where do I attach for the 3rd row (which I think is a repeat of the first row, but off centered from the fans below it). Then I guess I am actually going to be repeating rows 3 and 4. So, my real struggle is row 3 if worked in a round.

Can you follow that? :tongue_smilie:

ok, what I did was chain two, sc at the top of the 3rd DC (the middle one in each arch), ch 3, sc in the 3rd DC all the way around. I would skip the dtr at the end and just add the 5 DC in the ch spaces and do a SC to attach it to the base in between each arch. I would just keep working that all the way around.

Sorry it took so long, I had to do it myself to understand the instructions. I would just adjust the pattern and take out some of the steps since they confuse me when working in the round.

Okay, the ladies over at Ravelry came to my rescue!!! I think I know what I am doing now. :tongue_smilie:

Note to self: Do not attempt to adapt a pattern late at night after a glass of wine. :D

oh crap, I'm too late. Ok, hopefully they were of more help than me (since I am just guessing and have no idea what I'm doing! :lol:)

ok, what I did was chain two, sc at the top of the 3rd DC (the middle one in each arch), ch 3, sc in the 3rd DC all the way around. I would skip the dtr at the end and just add the 5 DC in the ch spaces and do a SC to attach it to the base in between each arch. I would just keep working that all the way around.

Sorry it took so long, I had to do it myself to understand the instructions. I would just adjust the pattern and take out some of the steps since they confuse me when working in the round.

It all helps!!! :D