Menu

Landry Academy 2 day intensives

If you look at the list of what is covered, you will see. I went to the Landry Mom's Science Retreat and we did many of the labs there that will be covered in the intensives. They were awesome. To tell you the truth, we did more than I did in my college A&P labs! Ds is signed up for February.

• 2 months later...

Our intensives were fantastic. We did Biology/A&P and Writing and both were excellent. The Biology intensives was far beyond what I even did in college (and I started in nursing school) as far as the number of experiments. Ds learned so much and I will NOT ever have to feel like we didn't have a full high school lab experience.

The writing intensives was also awesome! I was a little hesitant on this one because ds does not enjoy writing and I didn't want to throw him into something overwhelming. Mrs. Barnaby was an amazing teacher. She made it clear that she understood that students were there with different levels of interest and gifting. She told some stories about her own kids that just relaxed everyone completely, but she had SO much to teach! She has a very easy manner with teens and yet I have to say there were things that even I learned (I was a mom helper since this was the first writing intensive). She made things fun, gave out prizes, and appealed to different learning styles. The second day exercise was VERY cool! I hate to give anything away, but I thought it was genius. Ds was up working on a story until 12:30 am the first night because he WANTED to. Whew! True test there!