Menu

Nancy Larson Science 2

apple4

I just wanted to say that we are loving NL Science 2 this year. I would buy a curriculum thinking this will be good and I will like doing it and I would do a few lessons and then it would sit on the shelf. Science just didn't happen in our house. I read a lot about NL Science and decided to pay the price and give it a try. My girls are in 4th grade and I went with level 2. They love it and so do I!! It is the favorite part of our day. They are learning and I am thrilled. I don't think this curriculum is meant for everyone, but for us it is great.

So, you felt that Level 2 was challenging enough for 4th grade? I am always interested in reading different opinions since some people have commented about it being too easy. I have not used NL Science, but am researching it for next year when my son will be in 4th grade. I was thinking level 3 since it has some topics we haven't covered yet.

First I would say to talk with Madon at NL Science about the levels. She is great in helping with decisions like that. She is the best one to ask. FOR US, level 2 is a great fit. The girls have had very LITTLE science and school is not always easy for them, so keep that in mind. The topics are not gone into deeply but the vocabulary is strong. The worksheets would be on the easy side for a 4th grader but they are good and reinforce the lesson and review previous lessons. My girls have never complained about the worksheets, in fact quite the opposite. Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Amy

Guest jaroemen

We just finished up NL 1 and my son is very eager to start level 2. He was pretty bummed to find out I didn't have it waiting to start the very next day, but we just can't afford it yet. I'm looking for a used one maybe, as that is his favorite part of school and I don't want him to go too long without it. :001_smile:

We are doing NL2 as well this year. My 3rd grader isn't super challenged by it, but he has certainly learned a lot of good vocabulary and he enjoys it. It is challenging for my 1st grader. I have seen level 3 and it looks significantly more challenging than level 2, so I think my older boy will love it next year. We did level 1 last year and both boys LOVED every lesson, even though not all of them are exciting. Even now, they would tell you science is one of their favorite subjects. I like NL because (1) we actually DO science, start to finish!, (2) they are getting a solid education on how to accurately describe the world around them, using vocabulary we wouldn't necessarily use otherwise and (3) I think it will set them up well for higher level science later on.