Menu

Switching from US Ed to Std Singapore

NatashainDFW

How hard would it be to switch from the US edition to Standard edition singapore after book 2A? We are close to done with 2A and I have quickly learned that there is a difference and I want DS doing standards. Is there anything I should do to help with the switch or will it be fairly smooth?

1. Can we switch from the US Edition to the Standards Edition?
    For 1A-2B it is possible to switch from the A book in the U.S. Edition to the B book in the Standards Edition. For levels 3-5, you will need to finish the B books of one level before switching to A book of the next level and not switch mid year. Between levels 5 and 6, it is not advisable to switch editions at all.

from here

It seems to be a bit of a wash between the singapore site and Rainbow Resource. I generally order from the site I linked. They've also got an errata list and discussion boards if you have any questions about particular problems.

We switched into Standard Ed. at 4A. I did have to teach a few things (rounding, estimating...), but we haven't had any other problems with topics being missed. My second son is working through 3A and 3B with the Standards workbook and the US Ed. textbook, and I am noticing definite differences in sequence of topics.

You may want to either buy a 2A workbook to make sure all is covered or wait until 3A to make the switch.