Menu

So I was looking at Saxon math samples today. . .

We currently use CLE math but I had always figured we would switch over to Saxon at SOME point. . .probably at level 5/4 or 6/5. DS started his 402 LU today, so I figured it was a good time to take a look at it and. . . .

I. don't. like. it. After a few years of CLE, I just really prefer their layout and everything MUCH better.

So. . .we won't be switching to Saxon anytime soon. We'll have to switch to it or something else at some point though as CLE isn't planning on writing math past Alg 2. :confused: I'm going to try and not drive myself crazy about thinking about that though.;)

I am with you in the Detest Saxon Math Camp. We tried it repeatedly. It doesn't get any better the higher up you go. Your son has loads of time until he reaches the end of CLE. Did you know the Algebra is almost done? Then Geometry and Algebra 2 will be coming. So really, unless he goes for trig/pre-calc, you are set. With those levels of math, you want like an intro college text like Lial's anyway.

I considered making the switch from CLE to Saxon too, but decided to stick with CLE! It just works so well here. We are going to use CLE at least through 7th grade, then do Algebra in 8th grade. I don't know if we'll use CLE or something else for that, but we will have to switch to something else eventually. We have plenty of time to figure that out. :)

CLE will be going up to Geometry. So they will have Algebra 1 , 2 and Geometry.

I hear ya about the Saxon though. If I get past Geometry with her I'll need to find something else because she HATES Saxon with a capital H and honestly I don't care for it much either. I don't mind the 5/4 and 6/5 of Saxon its past that is where it stops for me.