Menu

Please help find specific yoga dvd...

Sherry, the only one I can think of is not a "she" but a "he". He's fabulous and yes, as far as I know, you can only get his DVDs from his site and yes, he's Canadian. Mark Laham. I have both of his DVDs. My former yoga instructor got me into these.

- for all those yoga avoiders - who think anything yoga is weird. He's very mainstream and normal. :D

This is a scene from one of his DVDs.

ThumbnailServer2?app=vss&contentid=805886f81a09d39e&offsetms=1&itag=w160&sigh=I5fPMhkeZ3bh-WFw8esc6wdTP5g

Both his yoga DVDs are my absolute favorites and I have lots of them! I feel so energized and my muscles feel so stretched. He's a great instructor and you really get your $'s worth with each DVD - about 3 separate workouts in each DVD. He knows his stuff. Plus, he's not annoying, like some exercise videos can be.

The Power Yoga DVD has the following options:

Warm Up Only (20 Minutes) - this is a good start to yoga in and of itself and later you can work up to the rest of the DVDs.

There are 2 types of Warm Up - Beginner and Intense.

Strengthen the Core - 60 Minutes

Open the Hips- 65 Minutes

The Yin Yoga DVD is one I really love.

It has the following, each of which are pretty much an hour.

Front Line Sequence

Back Line Sequence

Hips and Pelvis

Hope this helped. :)

Sherry, the only one I can think of is not a "she" but a "he". He's fabulous and yes, as far as I know, you can only get his DVDs from his site and yes, he's Canadian. Mark Laham. I have both of his DVDs. My former yoga instructor got me into these.

how is he for "out of shape" beginners, not just someone who is new to yoga? (I am not happy about the number of DVD's I've bought that claim to be beginner, but aren't anything of the type.)

eta: I mean one that is clear about modifications for positions.

also, is this a flow yoga practice or just positions?

Edited by gardenmom5

how is he for "out of shape" beginners, not just someone who is new to yoga? (I am not happy about the number of DVD's I've bought that claim to be beginner, but aren't anything of the type.)

:bigear::bigear:

I, too, am about to order these thanks to Negin's recommendation.

That's it!

Glad that's the one. :D

To me, he's quite clear about modifications. The DVDs show 3 different levels and he's very gentle and constantly reminds you to listen to your body.

I think it's more of a flow. The Power one anyway. The Yin one is a bit more position-focused. Yin Yoga is, in a nutshell, holding each pose for at least 3-5 minutes. I'm a bit biased, but it's a fabulously good stretch. :D

You might want to read up on him more. Did you visit his site or watch the You Tube clip? I find them both very helpful. Fitness DVDs are such a personal and subjective thing. I have to sort of click with the instructor and not find them annoying, although I do have a high tolerance level. I drew the line at one yoga DVD a long time ago where the instructor wore jeans. Jeans and yoga ... :confused: Anyway, if you have a cup of tea and feel like reading, you might be interested in this thread. I posted there.

I, too, am about to order these thanks to Negin's recommendation.

Hope you all like them. :D

Glad that's the one. :D

To me, he's quite clear about modifications. The DVDs show 3 different levels and he's very gentle and constantly reminds you to listen to your body.

I think it's more of a flow. The Power one anyway. The Yin one is a bit more position-focused. Yin Yoga is, in a nutshell, holding each pose for at least 3-5 minutes. I'm a bit biased, but it's a fabulously good stretch. :D

You might want to read up on him more. Did you visit his site or watch the You Tube clip? I find them both very helpful. Fitness DVDs are such a personal and subjective thing. I have to sort of click with the instructor and not find them annoying, although I do have a high tolerance level. I drew the line at one yoga DVD a long time ago where the instructor wore jeans. Jeans and yoga ... :confused: Anyway, if you have a cup of tea and feel like reading, you might be interested in this thread. I posted there.

Hope you all like them. :D

thank you for the information. I did see the youtube, but it was him taking with the shopping channel babe and his video's in the background so I couldn't see much. I will put them on my list for additions.