Menu

Rosetta Stone homeschool gripe

JABarney

Hi;

I just thought others might want to be aware before they purchase, that the homeschooling version can only be installed on two computers. While each computer can have up to five users allowing a total of 10 users, it really stinks for families where each person has his or her own computer. For us, it defeats the whole purpose of being able to assign dc parts of the program from my computer and they do the work on their computer.

I tried to talking to their customer care department as well as tech support and they were completely unhelpful. Their only suggestion was that I purchase a business version. :001_huh:

Yup. Virtual hugs sent to you from me!:grouphug:

I bought our RS Spanish program levels 1 through 3 from another homeschooling mom who had installed it on one computer. I installed it on our computer and .... that's all we can use!

I did learn recently that we can have free access to the Tell Me More foreign language program through our local library system. Perhaps your library system has foreign language programs you can use for free as well?

Rosetta Stone has some of the worst customer service on the planet! I was given a full French set and I don't have an activation code (long story). The customer service rep (I rang them from Sydney) basically implied I was a thief and that I was trying to access a pirate copy. There is no way I would pay that company a cent, regardless of how good their product is.

D

I did learn recently that we can have free access to the Tell Me More foreign language program through our local library system. Perhaps your library system has foreign language programs you can use for free as well?

Anyone used Mango Languages thru their library? After reading the above, I found Mango on our library website. I'd love to know what others thought of it. Thanks!

I'll tell you what really sucks is when you have already used up the two computer usages but both computers are dead and gone. Without a receipt, the company will not give you a new registration code. One of my daughters made it through three levels of German, but the other only halfway through the third level before my computer finally died. I thought I could let my youngers at least play around with it, before committing to a foreign language, but that won't be able to happen now.

You guys must have lucked out, because we have not had a positive response from the company. We purchased through HSBC, so the RS company did not have us in their records as buying the program. Each of the customer service reps we talked to (and there were several) insisted that without a receipt they would not allow us to use a new registration code.