Menu

Lego Mindstorms

LNC

My 10yo built the robot first yesterday and he is having trouble programming it. Should he build and program the easier one first? Should I get him a step by step book? Which one?

Bump :)

He built the easier model and was able to figure out the programming more last night- he didn't see a section on the screen. It seems wierd there aren't step by step instructions, so if anyone has any ideas or books recs that would be great!

Has he gone through any of the palettes? The common and complete palettes are on the right hand side of the programming window. He could read through them to see if that helps or build and try those out if he's stuck.

Can you be more specific about the problem he's having?

Santa brought my dds the Lego NXT and they love it! Dh is working through this step-by-step NXT instruction book with them. Buy it! :)

I plan to add some new robot pics to my blog soon. This gift was definitely the highlight of Christmas day.

I so appreciate that dh & older ds are jazzed about the robots. The NXT software is too advanced for dds to figure out on their own.

He had a better day today with programming the "car" to go around the track, to throw the little colored balls etc. He chatted with his friend who didn't use instructions on the software or guide and made a drawbridge and programmed it to work! :confused: Anyway, thanks for the book idea - we may get that too!