Menu

Want to share funny moments from this years Christmas baking/preparing??

I get to start because its my thread :lol: .

Tonight we were baking and making gingerbread cookies and candy. All the sudden dh looks at dd 13 and says "I will give you $10 if you eat a teaspoon full of cinnamon" :001_huh: Ofcourse dd will do just about anything for money so she jumps right on it and says "OK!" So- she gets it in her mouth and you can see her face start turning red. I am trying not to start :lol: because she had a mouth full of cinnamon. All the sudden she tries to say something and this HUGE pouf of cinnamon powder comes out of her mouth so then she looses it and just starts laughing. HARD. Ofcourse at this time I have a teaspoon of cinnamon on the counter and floor.

So at this point dh pipes up and says "I can do it" Ofcourse. I should have seen this coming. Dh has to do everything because he can do it :001_rolleyes: So not only can he do it but he can do a whole tablespoon. So he puts a tablespoon of powder cinnamon in his mouth. Again. Can see his face starting to turn red but he is stubborn. So he is trying and trying to get it down then all the sudden he says something and I have another tablespoon of powder cinnamon on my kitchen floor. Then they both start laughing again!!

They still have the flavor of powder cinnamon in their mouths :lol:

Gotta love holiday baking.

Tonight we were baking and making gingerbread cookies and candy. All the sudden dh looks at dd 13 and says "I will give you $10 if you eat a teaspoon full of cinnamon" :001_huh: Ofcourse dd will do just about anything for money so she jumps right on it and says "OK!" So- she gets it in her mouth and you can see her face start turning red. I am trying not to start :lol: because she had a mouth full of cinnamon. All the sudden she tries to say something and this HUGE pouf of cinnamon powder comes out of her mouth so then she looses it and just starts laughing. HARD. Ofcourse at this time I have a teaspoon of cinnamon on the counter and floor.

So at this point dh pipes up and says "I can do it" Ofcourse. I should have seen this coming. Dh has to do everything because he can do it :001_rolleyes: So not only can he do it but he can do a whole tablespoon. So he puts a tablespoon of powder cinnamon in his mouth. Again. Can see his face starting to turn red but he is stubborn. So he is trying and trying to get it down then all the sudden he says something and I have another tablespoon of powder cinnamon on my kitchen floor. Then they both start laughing again!!

They still have the flavor of powder cinnamon in their mouths :lol:

Gotta love holiday baking.

:lol::lol::lol: memories. Dd did this over the summer when a friend bet her that she couldn't. DD is stubborn as well and would not give in and spit it out no matter how much she wanted to. She was able to do it. However, she hasn't touched cinnamon since. :lol:

:lol: a new holiday tradition in your house?

My story is more sad, than funny.

I made cookie batter this morning, then stuck it in the fridge because I had planned to bake everything after dinner.

I took a few TEENY bits here and there throughout the day because I happen to prefer my cookies raw LOL.

By the time I went to bake, there was only enough batter for 16 cookies. The recipe makes 4 dozen.

Those few teeny bits here and there sure added up! :blush: