Menu

US and World History combined?

DragonFaerie

Does anyone know of or have a correspondence for the History of US series and the Usborne Encyclopedia of World History (or the Kingfisher World History Encyclopedia)? I was originally thinking of spending two years on US history and then doing early modern followed by modern world history. Now I'm thinking about combining it all and just spending four years on all of it together. I stink at history, though, so I don't just know what world events were going on during such and such time in America or what happened in x-country that caused this to happen in y-country. I need something that ties everything together for me. Any suggestions/thoughts?

I don't know of anything that directly correlates those 2 volumes but Timetables of History is a world timeline showing parallel history for all different parts of the world. In terms of narrative texts, the Genevieve Foster books recount what's happening around the world at certain times in US history.

You might also look at Epikardia. This is a history program that intertwines US and world history each year.