Menu

Queen's Living History of our World- How many days per week?

lotsofpumpkins

There's 28 chapters in Volume 1. It recommends 3 days a week but I think you could easily do two days a week instead. I haven't used it yet, this is just my impression from looking through it (and I don't have the student journal, just the book). First two days are reading and working on journal, third day is finish journaling, review chapter, do timeline.

Are you dropping HOD? Would you mind sharing why?

Sorry for being O/T, I was just curious. :-)

We'll finish Beyond and Preparing, but we are changing to something else for the 2012-13 school year. Dh and I discussed it, and as much as I really like HOD and its philosophies, I also really want to go back to "family learning" for content subjects. We did try to do that with Beyond at the beginning of our school year, but it was not enough for my olders, so I had to add other programs for them, so we weren't really learning all together anyway. So, I bumped them up to Preparing, which is going very well.

Dh was also concerned about the price of sticking with HOD long-term; even though it is mostly nonconsumable, it is much more expensive than some other options.

It looks like we'll be using God's Design Science and A Living History of Our World, plus a study of our state's history. I have Apologia Who is God? so I think we might use that for Bible study.

We'll finish Beyond and Preparing, but we are changing to something else for the 2012-13 school year. Dh and I discussed it, and as much as I really like HOD and its philosophies, I also really want to go back to "family learning" for content subjects. We did try to do that with Beyond at the beginning of our school year, but it was not enough for my olders, so I had to add other programs for them, so we weren't really learning all together anyway. So, I bumped them up to Preparing, which is going very well.

Dh was also concerned about the price of sticking with HOD long-term; even though it is mostly nonconsumable, it is much more expensive than some other options.

It looks like we'll be using God's Design Science and A Living History of Our World, plus a study of our state's history. I have Apologia Who is God? so I think we might use that for Bible study.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the "family learning" part. I feel the same way. My boys are currently using Bigger and Little Hearts and I'm not crazy how they're separated for every. single. thing. I think we'll be going with something other than HOD next year too for a lot of different reasons.

I've looked at A Living History of our World too and I think it looks great! I hope it works out for you! :)