Menu

What is a good cover/case for a Kindle?

Dh can't stand not knowing/telling about gifts at all. :glare: So he told me that he ordered me a Kindle for Christmas. It's the $79 one. I know I will want some kind of case or cover for it, but what kind is best? I don't want a sleeve that I have to take it in/out of. What kind do you like for your Kindle?

I have seen some gorgeous ones on Etsy. They are pricey at first glance, but when comparing with Amazon or other places that sell Kindle holders, they are comparable. Sleeves are cheaper, but like you, I'd prefer a holder (I think my mom bought me a Kindle for Christmas too :D).

I've made a few, some knitted and some sewn. I agree that the leather type book cover thingies make the kindle too bulky to stick comfortably in my purse and can be a pain to read with sometimes. I also prefer the sleeve type covers now after having had a leather cover that made the kindle into a kind of book. It was pretty, but not as comfortable or functional as a sleeve with a 'nakey' kindle.

The only time I like a holder thingie is when I am baking or cooking and have the recipe on my kindle, but I made a stand thingie out of a wire coat hangar that does the trick nicely and stands my kindle up so I can read it better and keeps it out of the mess on the counter.

What I really need now is a special kindle purse so that I can hang my kindle around my neck next to my heart like a giant necklace, with little legs to prop it out so I can read on the kindle while walking around or driving.......:001_rolleyes:

Okay, just kidding......maybe.

FYI, you can get some cool stickers that are made to go on the back of laptops and cut them down to fit your kindle and make it look really pretty. I think they even have some that are made for the kindle but where is the fun in that? Anyway, if you don't like a nakey kindle maybe you could try some cool stickers on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Leather-Display-Latest-Generation/dp/B002Y27P6Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=fiona-hardware&ie=UTF8&qid=1323669952&sr=1-1

I have the DX, so it's not really comparable to exact covers - but this is the cover on mine & I really like it! :) It opens all the way back flat and protects both the screen and the keyboard/5way (which on the dx is a little knobby thing that apparently is prone to breaking if not handled with care).

To be fair - the DX is ginormous, so I wouldn't be fitting it into any "normal" purse anyway... so that isn't an issue for me. :D I actually bought a cheap big shoulder satchel that fits it just great, so if I'm going anywhere that I get to take the Kindle I just use that.