Menu

Lively Latin BB2 and Latin Prep 1 Together?

Bloggermom

We are doing a Latin Centered Curriculum, so this is the most important subject of the day. Since BB2 moves pretty quickly I wanted to move it at a pace of 1 pg per day.

However, I also wanted to teach/reinforce/review the grammar from a different point of view as well.

Do you think LL BB2 and Latin Prep 1 can be used together if both are taken slowly just a bit each day?

This is for my 10 year old son.

One difficult part of using both Latin Prep and Lively Latin would be the order in which the cases are memorized. All of those Lively Latin chants that include noun endings have the potential to be confusing when suddenly the order is changed (and vocative added in).

We're switching from Lively Latin to Latin Prep this spring and I'm curious how it'll work out. I like the look of the program though!

One difficult part of using both Latin Prep and Lively Latin would be the order in which the cases are memorized. All of those Lively Latin chants that include noun endings have the potential to be confusing when suddenly the order is changed (and vocative added in).

We're switching from Lively Latin to Latin Prep this spring and I'm curious how it'll work out. I like the look of the program though!

They just put a sticky with the modified order over the noun orders in Latin Prep. There's no overwhelming virtue in one order rather than the other, so you might as well be comfortable.

Laura