Menu

I spent 20 minutes with my xh's attorney and "our" former best man.......

I had to go sign the final paperwork from our August (yes, August) mediation. I had gone "pro se" and part of the agreement was that his attorney would "prove up" the papers, at xh's cost.

He got my son in August, but the increased child support hasn't come my way yet. Are you surprised? :lol:

So, now, his attorney I've known for 20 years; he was a guest at our wedding. The best man from the wedding to xh works for this attorney.

It was weird. But I did get to say to the attorney things I've wanted to say for 5 years. :);) So, I said them.

Then I asked him for referrals for anyone he thinks would benefit from therapy due to the "life killing quagmire of continuing abuse through the family law system." :lol:

I had to go sign the final paperwork from our August (yes, August) mediation. I had gone "pro se" and part of the agreement was that his attorney would "prove up" the papers, at xh's cost.

He got my son in August, but the increased child support hasn't come my way yet. Are you surprised? :lol:

So, now, his attorney I've known for 20 years; he was a guest at our wedding. The best man from the wedding to xh works for this attorney.

It was weird. But I did get to say to the attorney things I've wanted to say for 5 years. :);) So, I said them.

Then I asked him for referrals for anyone he thinks would benefit from therapy due to the "life killing quagmire of continuing abuse through the family law system." :lol:

I'm sorry.

I hope you read every word, considering the inherent bias here!

I'm totally losing it today. :tongue_smilie:

When I read the title of this thread, I was sure I was going to open it up and read, "I spent 20 minutes with my xh's attorney and "our" former best man....... and now we're in love!" :D

Sorry, Joanne. I should have known better!

I'm thinking the love thing isn't going to happen, right? ;)