Menu

Chef Hive, I need help! cake mix question.

Alright, I have a box of devils food cake mix. I want to make a dense, rich, chocolate, torte like dessert. I thought this would be easy, but I cannot find one recipe.

Ugggg! One part of me think I should just reduce the eggs and add in chocolate chips.

Any other thoughts? I am wanting to top it/soak it in a liqueur that I have.

I recently made a bundt cake from allrecipes.com--http://allrecipes.com/recipe/too-much-chocolate-cake/detail.aspx

It was not torte-like but used a cake mix and pudding mix, and sure was good. You could easily put your topping on--yum.

I am not a proficient enough baker to to know whether your adaptation would work...

Check out AllRecipes for "Chocolate Dump Cake" There's one there that's *awesome* that uses chocolate cake mix mixed with cook-and-serve chocolate pudding, then covered over top with mini chocolate chips that melt enough to be spreadable like frosting when you take it out of the oven. They form a nice, hard topping to the cake when they cool, and with a generous dollop of whipped cream, it tastes just like a Ding-Dong. :D