Menu

Camcorder help needed!!!

My dd wants a camcorder for Christmas this year. I do not know anything about digital camcorders! She makes videos very frequently by using here regular Cybershot (sony?) camera. If we were to get a camcorder for about $300, would it be better quality than her Cybershot? This child loves making movies and spends hours editing them. I would like to get her something to encourage this. Any help would be wonderful!!! Please recommend specific ones, if possible. Thank you!!

How old is she? DO you need one for low light or with a good zoom?

If not, I would look at something like a Kodak PlaySporthttp://www.amazon.com/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Pocket-Camera/dp/B0030MITLW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1322589341&sr=8-5

It is very portable, allows for memory cards, and is waterproof. The battery has a fairly long life as well.

Dawn

She is 14 years old and this is truly her passion. She has some talent for making little humorous movies which she mostly films inside/lower light and would like somewhat of a zoom. I think that her digital camera that she has now films quite well and I just hate to get a $300 camcorder for her for Christmas (it will be her only gift) if it will only do as well as the one she has. Thank you!!!

Ok, a few more questions then.

What model of Cybershot does she have? There are tons of them! I have had a few myself.

What does she mostly film? Friends? Outdoors? Indoors? In dim light? Does she need a more powerful zoom?

I am not a video camera person at all, but I have used the video feature on my cameras a time or two. My Cybershot actually took some very good footage when we were on vacation a while back.

Dawn