Menu

I made cheese from Daisy's milk (pic inside)

Here is a picture of some Mozzarella that I made today's from Daisy's milk. It is ridiculously easy to make, with Ricki's kit. You can make it from grocery milk! To learn more about it, go to http://www.cheesemaking.com/ to order the kit. The cheese is so easy it is called "30 Minute Mozzarella"

Here's the cheese :)

Daisy001-1.jpg

The kids kneaded garlic, salt, and herbs into chunks that I gave them. Dd's garlic cheese is wonderful.

That is cool! What is the texture like? Is it shreddable, or mainly spreadable? What kind of goats do you have?

I am going to try to shred it today, and see what happens.

It is not spreadable at all. Rather, it is kind of stretchy and slices very well. It is very much like the fresh mozarella that you buy in the store, except maybe a bit stretchier (is that a word?). I think I have found that the moisture content is controlled by how much whey I remove, but I've only made it twice. I'm still very much in the learning and experimenting stage.

It does melt though. We put it in chili last night.

I don't have goats, though I love goat's milk. We have a cow as of last Saturday. Lots to learn.

You don't have to have a cow to make this cheese!! :)

It is sooooooooooooo simple.

I know, but the cow is so cute! And, the idea of making cheese with fresh milk from my own cow is just more satisfying.

I really need a mini farm near a beach, since I can't decide if I want to live in the country with a garden and some animals or live on the beach.