Menu

scratched Wii games? Wii Ware? SD card?

I haven't found anything to fix scratched games, but some games get re-released or sold at lower prices if you wait long enough. We've replaced one or two favorites; otherwise, if they scratch a game, they live without it. It depends on the game.

I'm not sure about WiiWare --- are those the downloads on the Wii Shopping Channel? If so, those are games that were available on older systems released in digital format and you download them via the Wii, for points that you purchase. Also there are games that are only released in this format which are new content direct from Nintendo/Wii and (as far as I know) not available as discs. If WiiWare is something different, then I have no clue.

The benefit of the SD card is that it frees up space. Once you start downloading games from the Wii channel, they fill up the internal memory quickly. Or if you have large save files of the games your kids play. You can save to the SD card instead and thus not fill up your memory too quickly. Also, at least we are hoping, you can transfer your save files from disc games to an SD card; then, if something happens to your Wii, your data is not lost. Or if that works, I guess you could also take the SD card to a friend's house and play the game on their Wii without having to start over. We haven't tried that yet, but are going to transfer all the save files to SD card as we need to replace our Wii and the boys don't want to start over from scratch on all their games.

Dictated from my teen ds:

WiiWare is only via online downloads -- a segment of the main menu will allow you to buy downloadable games. These are bought with the Wii points card that can be found at any store like WalMart. $20 usually gives you 2000 Wii points. A vintage Nintendo game downloaded onto your Wii will cost 1000 Wii points, roughly. Set up your Wii for wireless internet to use this feature.

Basically you will have a lot of memory space for the SD card -- in the thousands of blocks -- as they call them. You can look this up on the Nintendo Website:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/gi_system.jsp?menu=sd