Menu

Need a couple of recipes

Please don't laugh, but I've never made deviled eggs. I detest hard boiled eggs, but I have an abundance of eggs that need to be used up. I want to make deviled eggs for a non-traditional Thanksgiving dinner we are going to tomorrow night. I don't know how to make deviled eggs, lol. HELP!

Also we need something green tomorrow. I'm looking for something a little different/non-traditional with either green beans or broccoli. Any ideas?

No real recipe for deviled eggs here. ( I usually made a dozen) I peel the hard boiled eggs. Scoup out the yolks. Add a tsp or so of mustard. Any kind works, use your favorite. Dried mustard also works. Add some salt and pepper and mayonaise until moist. Mix well. Put the filling back in the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika.

I like these avocado deviled eggs:

http://www.marthastewart.com/317013/avocado-deviled-eggs

Have you considered Brussels sprouts? I posted a recipe yesterday, I think.

If you definitely want something with green beans/broccoli, then I will think on it some more. :)

Thanks! That recipe looks interesting! I might even like it, lol.

I do want a green bean or broccoli recipe. We aren't fans of brussels

sprouts.

No real recipe for deviled eggs here. ( I usually made a dozen) I peel the hard boiled eggs. Scoup out the yolks. Add a tsp or so of mustard. Any kind works, use your favorite. Dried mustard also works. Add some salt and pepper and mayonaise until moist. Mix well. Put the filling back in the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika.

Thank you! I am trying to decide between this and the less traditional one that Mrs. Mungo posted.

Just a heads-up, Nakia, I'm not sure if your overabundance is due to having chickens (hence, fresh eggs)?

If so, beware that fresh eggs are an absolute bear to peel hard-boiled.

It works better if they're aged a couple weeks before hard-boiling so the air can develop between the white and the membrane and they'll peel more easily.