Menu

Has anyone switched from

mom2agang

We switched and are going back as soon as we have the cash to spare.:tongue_smilie: I found MM so cluttered and confusing, lacking the instruction of MUS and we all missed Steve.:lol:

:iagree: I switched last spring and came back this fall. MM is truly a great program, but it is just not set up for how my my oldest learns. Or me! I would be sure to look really hard at the samples and have your kids do some of it so that you know they are ok with it. Of course, you could have part of them doing MM and part doing MUS and you would still save some money.

We've used MUS for about 6 years and have been happy for the most part. When Homeschool Buyer's Co-op had MM last year I bought the whole set. I've been very pleased with it and have switched 3 of my 4 math students to it. The other I switched to Aleks.

I've noticed long division is making more sense to my 5th grader with Math Mammoth and my 3rd grader seems to be doing better with multiplication. My first grader is just zooming through things at an alarming rate. I love Steve, but we needed to mix things up a bit.

One reason I felt okay switching is that Math Mammoth has the Mastery series, so if you wanted to say skip Delta, you could do the division books from Math Mammoth.

I've always used MUS with ds (9). Through the summer we used MM as review. It is just different. I like it, but it doesn't work as well for ds. So this school year, we're still using MUS. Ds gets done with MUS so quickly, so I set an amount of time I want him working on Math. He sets the timer, after he's down with MUS, he works on MM for the rest of the time. With this dc, I'd never be able to make a complete switch. It just wouldn't work for him.