Menu

Anyone doing the Johns Hopkins CTY summer programs this year?

We're scheduled to the the biology one at JHU campus (residential), and the Examining the Evidence one at Alexandria VA (day camp). Any other takers for this summer? This is our third year doing these, and the children are really getting excited about them again. Today we bought new supplies (backpack and all) so that was fun...

Not John Hopkins but Duke TIP Summer program starts in 10 days and ds. is excited and we'll be buying all our supplies this week. This is our first year and we pray all goes well. Thanks for all your encouragement and tips.

Peace,

Nissi

My dd is not in them yet, but I did JHU/CTY after 7th and 8th grade. It was a major turning point for me - I had always not fit in at school, and here was a place where everyone else was LIKE ME, academically at least - and some who were a whole lot smarter!

It has been over 20 years and I still have awesome memories. So if anyone is unsure... It can be a very, very good thing.

Not John Hopkins but Duke TIP Summer program starts in 10 days and ds. is excited and we'll be buying all our supplies this week. This is our first year and we pray all goes well. Thanks for all your encouragement and tips.

Peace,

Nissi

Great, Nissi! I hope it goes well for him! It certainly *is* a transition, but one that they can be very proud of! With my ds, we helped as much as we could by visiting each Sunday, writing daily letters (that was hard to do-- it's hard to find something new to say each day for three weeks!), and calling him in the evenings. Still, he did enjoy the experience and certainly grew a lot that summer, and now he's excited to return!