Menu

Pre-prepared bread machine recipe?

I'd like to make a batch of dry ingredients that I can scoop out and toss in the bread machine. Are there any tried and true recipes for a prepared bread machine recipe in which all I'd have to do is measure out the pre-combined dry ingredients and just need to add the wet?

Can yeast could be put in with the dry ingredients or if that's something that has to go in at time of preparation?

TIA!

I've made some prepackaged mixes by measuring all the ingredients and storing them in ziplocs. I use the following recipe from Tammy's Recipes (the whole site rocks - you should check it out - and no, I'm not affiliated in any way, I just love it!)

1 cup warm water

1 tablespoon milk (I use all water)

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons brown sugar

2 tablespoons oil or softened butter

2 tablespoons honey

a sprinkle of ground ginger (I skip this, bit I think I'll try it soon!)

a pinch of citric acid (can use ascorbic acid instead) (I skip)

2 teaspoons granulated lecithin

4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) vital wheat gluten/gluten flour (75% protein)

3 cups whole wheat flour (I use Prairie Gold hard white wheat; any whole wheat bread flour would work.)

2 teaspoons instant active dry yeast

I put the ingredients in my bread machine in the order listed above, and run the dough cycle. When dough cycle is complete, gently deflate dough, shape into a loaf, and place in a greased loaf pan. Grease the top of the loaf. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly double in size. Bake in a pre-heated 350-375*F oven for 30 minutes. (Tent loosely with foil after 20-25 minutes if loaf is browning too quickly.) When bread is done, remove from pan, place on a cooling rack, and cover until cool. Seal in a bag or container after cooled.

My new Zojirushi bread machine is making great loaves of 100% whole wheat bread here in the Seattle area, using this recipe.

I have thrown it all my Zo on the wheat bread cycle and it's been great.

I put my dry mix in a quart jar in the pantry. Better protection and cheaper than using ziplocks all the time!

I think the yeast would depend on which kind you use. I use SAF instant yeast, which is supposed to be stored in the freezer. Since the packets aren't required to be stored in the cold, they might be able to be mixed in. Or, if you use the packets, just tape one to the side so that DS knows to add that in last. Good luck!