Menu

WWE vs creative writing

justLisa

I've been looking over our workload lately, and something has just got to go. I have come to terms with DS not needing to love both technical subjects such as math AND creative ones such as story writing. He loves reading, actually has come to love spelling (I'm guessing because it is rule oriented and he likes to analyze), but he does not enjoy writing. I mean, copy work no problem. He likes the actually writing part though slow at it, and is coming along nicely with his handwriting ability. I do think it's good to learn to write a well thought out paper with proper grammar and text etc, but I think that differs from creative writing.

So, I have WWE2, GWG and WWW3. I think WWW3 is a bit much right now. I prefer GWG to FFL (we both do) for grammar because it is easier to get done, open and go and I really need the independent factor.

So would dropping WWW be ok for now? I guess I was thinking i really need something more rounded than JUST copy work/narration. I don't know how else to gently teach him to write in other subjects without a writing curriculum.

I can't figure out how to fit everything in, or if I should just either take longer to get through all of these books or rotate......help?

I don't know if GWG would be enough early writing instruction as we have just really got in to the books.

I thought I asked this in a thread but I can't find it so maybe I forgot to click submit.