Menu

Sonlight with CW Primer?

EmilyGF

Hi all. I'm thinking about doing Sonlight B and using CW Primer instead of SL language arts. I really am enjoying reading 50 Famous Stories with my kids, so when I realized the primer used that, I was excited. I don't want to plan anymore, so the laid out plans of Primer and Sonlight appeal to me.

What do you think?

Emily

I'm using Primer with my 6 year old who is comfortably reading and writing. It's been a great fit for us. Sometimes the copywork is a bit long, and I let her stop when she gets tired. Otherwise, we really like the variety of narration, picture study, and nature study. We're using Adv. in America for our history, and my dd does a lot of the extra reading on her own (including most of the scheduled read-alouds). I've added some nature and geography read-alouds. We're also always working on a novel read-aloud at bedtime. I would think all of that would be about equivalent to a Sonlight Core, so it seems like that should work well! Oh, and she's also doing a workbook spelling program to round out her LA.