Menu

Any ideas for a 7 y/o who broke her ankle and wants to "keep busy" with "school stuff

momsuz123

My 7 y/o broke her ankle and is going to be laid up for a long time. She reads all the time, very strong reader. She loves anything that is "school stuff". She reads books, textbooks, anything outloud everyday to her dolls. She loves the new Reading Eggspress, enjoys Timez Attack. Any great ipad apps out there or online games or any ideas? I know eventually the boredom is going to hit her hard so I want to get some ideas soon to keep her going. I bought a bunch of fun crafts ie. Shrinky dinks, Perlor beads, etc. Any advice?

I don't have my ipad handy because dh has taken off with it but if you search recent ipad threads you can find all kinds of suggestions for apps to download. I know I've made long lists on several threads recently. In addition to games and other things dd is loving BrainPop videos. We just do the free video of the day but if was in your shoes right now I'd probably spring for it. Hours of free entertainment that is also educational can't be beat.:)

Here's a list of the top of my head for apps:

Stack the countries

Stack the states

Rocket Math

Math Binto

Geo Master

Scrabble (we just have the free version)

Trivial Pursuit - I think we paid for this

doodle pad

several art/drawing apps

sat vocabulary (she likes it because it pronounces and defines words which she then uses in conversation so she can sound grown up)

four in a row

tic tac toe

I know know there are a lot more but I would have be looking at my ipad to get them.

:grouphug: to both you and your dd. My dd just spent 2 weeks sitting about due to stitches. I cannot imagine trying to keep her still for a broken ankle though. Hope she is not too uncomfortable. We kept a rolling cart next to her chair so all her stuff was near her and she could switch activities as she wanted. A lap desk is good, the ones that are like a small table and have well on the side for pens is another great helper.

I don't know any computer sites, we don't usually do that, sorry.

Some ideas to keep her occupied:

I Spy Books

Doodle book

paint by # cards

Knitting loom

Maze books

Latch hook

Hobby Lobby has some "My First..." kits