Menu

Quick! I need a pizza dough recipe

If it's yeasted, I think it's going to be too late unless you are able to wait a couple of hours to eat. The one I do takes 2 days and is whole wheat.

That's what I was afraid of. On to plan 2 (well, not really -- don't have a plan 2 yet :confused:). We'll do the pizza tomorrow when I am home to make the dough.

thanks!

2T yeast

2c hot water

2t sugar

2t salt

4T oil

5c flour

Mix, roll, and lay into pizza pan or cookie sheet. This will make one large pizza (feeds 7 easily), or two medium sized ones. The possibilities with this are endless, so lay on your favorite tomato or barbeque sauce, cheese and any toppings you can find that sound good together. Bake at 425 for 15 min.

It's yummy. And doesn't need to rise.

Papa John’s Pizza Sauce

1- 10 3/4 oz. tomato puree

1/4 c. water

1 tea. olive oil

1/4 tea. lemon juice

1/4 t. (each) salt, oregano

1/8 t. (or a pinch) basil, thyme, garlic powder

Bring to boil, simmer for 15-20 minutes.

While sauce is cooking preheat oven to 400° and make your dough. This recipe makes two pizzas in our home.

Dough

1 cup warm water

2 T. sugar

1 pkg. dry yeast

3 c. white flour

1/2 tsp. salt

2 T. olive oil

thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder as you like

Mix the water, sugar and yeast together well. Add the flour, salt, olive oil and spices. Knead dough, let rise for 5-10 minutes. Separate in two, roll out with floured pin (I use a floured glass).

Sauce is done, put a good layer of sauce on, add desired toppings then 1-2 cups of shredded mozzarella or pizza blend cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

(It's yummy, too)

2T yeast

2c hot water

2t sugar

2t salt

4T oil

5c flour

Mix, roll, and lay into pizza pan or cookie sheet. This will make one large pizza (feeds 7 easily), or two medium sized ones. The possibilities with this are endless, so lay on your favorite tomato or barbeque sauce, cheese and any toppings you can find that sound good together. Bake at 425 for 15 min.

It's yummy. And doesn't need to rise.

I believe so. THANKS! On the phone with DH == he suggested Mexican. I'll do this one tomorrow night. Thanks so much!

I know this is an old post, but I have a recipe for quick pizza. I have made it with just sausage or hamburger and they liked it just fine and it doubles nicely.

Pour-a-Pan Pizza

from Quick Cooking, July/August 2001

1 c. flour

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. pepper

2/3 c. milk

2 eggs, beaten

1 lb. bulk Italian sausage

1 pkg. sliced pepperoni

2 Tbsp. chopped onion

2 Tbsp. chopped green pepper

1 c. pizza sauce

2 c. shredded mozzarella

In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; stir in milk and eggs. Pour into a greased 13x9x2" baking pan.

In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle over the crust. Top with pepperoni, onion and green pepper.

Bake, uncovered, at 425* for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread with pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings