Menu

Is QuickBook Pro similar to Quicken?

I am looking for work and I have some bookkeeping/inventory experience. The last place I worked had its own order entry/accounting system, so I am not familiar with the current software on the market.

I use Quicken at home for our personal finances. I see QuickBook Pro as a requirement in some of the want ads. Are these programs similar? If I tell them I can use Quicken will I be able to pick up QuickBooks?

Any information will help. Thanks

I have not used Quicken, but I use Quickbooks Pro for dh's companies. I have no background in accounting, but I have managed to understand and use QBP without any major difficulties. If it was a company that already has the system set up, then even moreso. It's very user-friendly and easy to figure out. The hardest part was setting up two companies on there from scratch.

I have used both and think you can probably figure it out. They are not necessarily that similar but they are both user friendly. These days you can use help or forums to figure things out. I think anyone who is computer literate and has basic accounting knowledge from using another system can learn Quickbooks very quickly.

I am looking for work and I have some bookkeeping/inventory experience. The last place I worked had its own order entry/accounting system, so I am not familiar with the current software on the market.

I use Quicken at home for our personal finances. I see QuickBook Pro as a requirement in some of the want ads. Are these programs similar? If I tell them I can use Quicken will I be able to pick up QuickBooks?

Any information will help. Thanks

No, not at all. You will not find QB challenging though; it is extremely user friendly.