Menu

Almost finished reading Nate Saint: On a Wing and a Prayer. Which movie should we see

I am reading Nate Saint: On a Wing and a Prayer from the Christian Heroes: Then and Now series with the girls, EK (17) and HV (12). We have all enjoyed the story, and would like to watch either Through Gates of Splendor, Beyond the Gates of Splendor, or End of the Spear after we finish the book this week. All are available from Netflix, but which one should I choose?

Our family saw End of the Spear several years ago and really liked it, but EK vaguely remembers it. We haven't seen the other two. HV hasn't seen any of them.

Which movie would you recommend for us?

Edited by ereks mom

This may not be much help, but I will throw it out there since no one else has chimed in: I remember a while back looking up The End of the Spear (or possibly one of the others--it has been a while) on Amazon and reading the reviews. Several of the reviewers compared TEOTS to the other movies.

Sorry--no personal experience, but perhaps some helpful Amazon reviewer can provide what you are looking for.

Terri

This may not be much help, but I will throw it out there since no one else has chimed in: I remember a while back looking up The End of the Spear (or possibly one of the others--it has been a while) on Amazon and reading the reviews. Several of the reviewers compared TEOTS to the other movies.

Sorry--no personal experience, but perhaps some helpful Amazon reviewer can provide what you are looking for.

Terri

From what I can tell from the reviews:

Through Gates of Splendor is a 35-minute documentary narrated by Elisabeth Elliot and contains original film footage of Auca natives shot by Nate Saint himself.

Beyond the Gates of Splendor is a 96-minute documentary narrated by Steve Saint (son of Nate Saint) and each of the wives of the men who died, and it includes footage of the Waodani describing their way of life before the missionaries came.

End of the Spear is a 108-minute feature film based on the lives of Nate Saint and the other missionaries who were killed by the Auca/Waodani people and is told from the perspective of the tribe.